Financial Assistance Programs for Expecting Women

By | January 15, 2019
alt="Financial Assistance Programs for Expecting Women"

Financial Help for Pregnant Women.   There is help available for pregnant women and expecting teens through government benefits like TANF, WIC, Medicaid, and SNAP.  If you are a teenager, low-income, and expecting you may qualify for pregnancy assistance.  You can get help with medical, food, infant supplies and more.  You can get the support you need when you qualify financially.  You can receive financial support and free baby supplies available for you and your unborn child.  Many charities, community organizations, and government agencies extend a hand to help. We will show you where to get help and how to qualify for help.

Financial Help for Pregnant Women and Expecting Teens

These federal benefits are made available to anyone who is in need and qualifies financially and you meet requirement according to federal government standards.  You do not have to wait until you give birth to your child, for these services, you can apply when you are three months.   You are eligible if:

  • You are US resident
  • Proof of pregnancy from a physician
  • You or children must have alien status
  • Teens under 18 who are in school
  • Each family has a social security number
  • The family falls within or below the state’s required poverty level
  • You are a non-resident living in the US for 5 years or more

Medicaid Assistance for Prenatal Care

Need Prenatal Care?  Medicaid is medical assistance for low-income and unemployed parents with children under 18.  Medicaid provides state-run medical and financial help for pregnant women, women with children and pregnant teens, living at home with a parent or guardian.   Pregnant women can receive Medicaid to pay for prenatal visits and hospital bills for delivery costs for the birth of the child.  Medicaid tries to qualify a pregnant woman within about 2-4 weeks.  Apply for Medicaid

Women, Infant, and Children (WIC)

WIC or Women, Infant and children benefits are available for pregnant women in need of assistance to maintain and deliver a healthy child.  The WIC benefits program provides food vouchers from the time the women is a few months pregnant until the child is 5 years old.  These nutrition benefits are a great help and the vouchers are accepted at most supermarkets.  In addition to food, and infant formula, the program gives breastfeeding support and help for postpartum women. See if you are eligibility guidelines, here.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or (TANF)

The federal government provides financial help for pregnant women in the way of TANF. This Federal program provides financial support and childcare to financially deprived pregnant women, pregnant women, and teens.  Cases are reviewed every few months to determine if there has been a change in the financial status.  The goal is to give temporary financial support until the mother can become self-sufficiency. This is not a permanent grant. The financial subsidy can be used to purchase foods, clothing, housing, utilities, and medical supplies.

  • TANF for Teens –  For a pregnant teen to receive TANF they must live with a parent, guardian an adult over 18 years old, or in an adult-supervised supportive living arrangement. In these cases, it is the parent, legal guardian, relative, or other adult is the payee on behalf of the minor parent and his or her child, until the mother turns 18.

Catholic Charities Offers Financial Help for Pregnant Mothers

Many Catholic Charities have programs that provide financial assistance for pregnant women.  They also offer abortion alternatives for an unplanned pregnancy.  They also offer family counseling, job training, and parenting classes.

Pregnancy Alternatives – Adoption Services

Adoption services help women have their babies and then place them in loving homes through adoption mothers can choose life and bring their children into the world and receive assistance in giving their children families with the necessary resources to care for them.  Catholic Charities

Babies Bond to Prevent Child Abuse

The goal of this program is to teach young mother the importance of bonding with their babies.  They offer a 13-week “Bonding Right from the Start” course for pregnant women.  Other topics taught are breastfeeding, soothing touch, child safety, eye contact and proper nutrition for brain development.

Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

SNAP benefits can only be used to purchase food items. Products that are not allowed are tobacco, alcohol, pet food, or paper products.  When you are approved for TANF, your assistance will include SNAP, Medicaid and a monthly benefit check for rent, utilities, and basics.  You will also get an EBT card to use to purchase food.  SNAP Benefits

You receive help, you must present:

  • Proof of income
  • Proof of pregnancy
  • Proof of non-citizenship if not a US resident
    Proof of income
  • Proof of citizenship, if a legal US resident ( documentation such as birth certificate or social security card)

Check out;  How to Get Free Baby Stuff and Infant Supplies 

5 thoughts on “Financial Assistance Programs for Expecting Women

  1. Tracy Labranche

    Hello, I’m a single mother currently 31weeks pregnant with a baby girl and I don’t have nothing for the baby yet and I really need help I don’t know how you can help me but I really need help with my unborn baby I can’t wait to meet her at the sometime I don’t want her to come yet because I’m not ready for her I really need your help with housing, money, and bills I can’t get no job because I’m pregnant and my due date is in the most busiest time I went to several interview not one calls back even when I call them over and over again they said the choose a other candidate for the position or I’m not the right candidate for the position please help me I look foreward to talk to you thank you and have a great week.

  2. Pamela Lipscomb Post author

    Hello Tonya. You may qualify for government assistance. Go the Department of Social Services to apply for assistance. Look for an apartment and they or HUD will give you security deposit and first month’s rent. I am concerned about you having some type of support system when you get out.(family, sober friends) . Please Contact the Salvation Army which can help you with aftercare support and counseling. Need Furniture? Click on the like to find a furniture bank in your city.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *