Free Home Heating Oil Assistance. If you live in a home and are looking for programs that can help you save on your oil and heating bills, keep reading. We will provide you with a list of places you can get fuel assistance to heat your home.
The price of heating oil varies from place to place and when the prices go up and down. Every year families use unsafe methods to heat their homes when they can not afford oil or fuel. Do not risk a home fired or worse. Find out how to get help with heating oil family uses.
Home Heating Oil Programs
Heat USA is a sponsor of the NEW Heating Oil Program. They are the largest heating oil buying company in the country. They negotiate prices to offer low cost and free contracts for local heating oil companies. 1-888-432-8872.
Customers who register with the Heat USA program, receive:
- A free tune-up and cleaning of your heating system each year
Save 15-20 cents for each gallon of heating oil
- Best heating oil rates locally
- Lifetime of free of discount services and parts and labor
- 24 Hour emergency services
- $50 for each person you refer to the program
NEA Heating Oil
Special Pricing Program
When you become a member of the NEA you have access to wholesale heating oil rates. The NEA Heating Oil Program is available in parts of 12 states from New Hampshire to Virginia.
In addition, you can you can negotiate cheaper rates on your own. In general, the average rate for heating oil is 15 – 25 cents per gallon. The program is available in 12 states from New Hampshire to Virginia. Call 800-637-4636.
Offers free home heating oil to qualified residents needing assistance. They work with CITGO Petroleum, Citizens Energy partners with thousands of oil heat dealers and local fuel assistance agencies in 25 states to provide home heating oil to low-income households. Call 1-877-563-4645 for help. Funding available while it lasts.
Connecticut Energy Assistance Programs
Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) – helps struggling households with heating bills. Help for low-income families includes fuel assistance as well as financial assistance with heating bills.
Programs include fuel assistance and financial assistance. You are eligible for fuel assistance if your gross yearly family income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Community Renewal Team Inc.
555 Windsor Street
Hartford, CT 06120
New York Heating Oil Programs and Assistance
If you live in the New York area, the agencies below provide assistance to those needing help with home heating oil and fuel assistance. This includes low-cost and free oil programs for qualified low-income, elderly, disabled households.
- Citizen Action Fuel Group – (CAFG) is a non-profit fuel buying group that offers lower fuel prices and is sponsored by Citizen Action of New York. Application here. Call for more information 800-559-4645.
- LIHEAP – Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Contact help in your area
- UHAB – Urban Homesteading Assistance Board, Oil Assistance Program. This assistance program gives qualified residents up to 100 gallons of free heating oil. provides qualified residents up to 100 gallons of heating oil. Call: (212) 479-3333.
Other Home Heating Assistance Program
Home Heating Grants – Many low-income families can not afford to pay high heating costs, especially in the Winter months. The government provides grants to households that qualify financially. Each year families are sent …
Duke Energy Assistance Programs – Duke Energy offers programs that help families having trouble paying heating and utility bills. North Carolina, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and South Carolina. If you are unable to pay your utility bills, you can get emergency assistance.
Minnesota Energy Assistance Programs – The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps residents who qualify financially with assistance with heating bills. Grants are given according to the size of family, income, and fuel used.