Where to Find Free Thanksgiving Food Baskets and Meals in Louisiana. As Thanksgiving approaches, many families across Louisiana look forward to celebrating with a beautiful meal. However, for many families and individuals, the holiday season is frustration and sadness.
Fortunately, generous communities and organizations throughout the state step up to ensure everyone can enjoy a Thanksgiving meal. This article’ll highlight where you can find free Thanksgiving food baskets and dinners in various Louisiana cities.
1. New Orleans – Second Harvest Food Bank
- They are at 700 Edwards Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70123. Call their helpline at (504) 734-1322 for more information.
2. Baton Rouge – St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Visit them at 220 St Vincent de Paul Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70802. For details on their Thanksgiving services, dial (225) 383-7837.
3. Shreveport – The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army’s Shreveport branch provides free Thanksgiving dinners to families and individuals facing hardship.
- Their address is 200 E. Stoner Ave, Shreveport, LA 71101. To learn more about their Thanksgiving program, contact them at (318) 424-3200.
4. Lafayette – FoodNet Food Bank
FoodNet Food Bank in Lafayette offers Food baskets to those in need. They collaborate with local businesses and volunteers to gather and distribute food.
- Find them at 217 Surrey St, Lafayette, LA 70501, or call (337) 232-FOOD (3663) for more information.
There is no guarantee you will receive a food basket as turkeys and other items are given out to those who come early. However, they may give you groceries or invite you to a community Thanksgiving Dinner.
5. Alexandria – The Manna House
The Manna House in Alexandria is known for providing nutritious meals to anyone in need, no questions asked. On Holidays, they host a special dinner.
- They are located at 2655 Lee St, Alexandria, LA 71301. For inquiries, their phone number is (318) 445-9053.
6. Lake Charles – Abraham’s Tent Association
Abraham’s Tent Association in Lake Charles offers a sense of community and a hot meal on Thanksgiving Day.
- They are at 2300 Fruge St, Lake Charles, LA 70601. Call (337) 439-9330 to learn more about their Thanksgiving services.
Tips for Receiving Thanksgiving Assistance:
- Contact the organizations as early as possible, as some may require pre-registration or have limited supplies.
- Bring identification and proof of residence if required.
- If you receive government assistance, ask your Social Worker for a referral to a Food Bank.
- Check if there are any volunteer opportunities. Helping out can be a great way to give back to your community and enjoy the season’s spirit.
No one in Louisiana should go without a Thanksgiving meal, thanks to the kindness and efforts of various organizations and volunteers. If you or someone you know is in need a food basket, or food assistance, reach out to these generous groups for support. And remember, it’s the season of giving, so if you can, consider donating your time or resources to help others in your community. Happy Thanksgiving!
7. Monroe – The Wellspring
Every Thanksgiving, The Wellspring in Monroe opens its doors to provide warm meals to lower-income folks.
- Located at 1511 Jackson St, Monroe, LA 71202. For more information, call (318) 323-1505.
8. Bossier City – Bossier Office of Community Services
Bossier’s Office of Community Services offers food baskets for families facing hardship.
- They’re at 700 Benton Road, Bossier City, LA 71111. Contact them at (318) 747-1045 to learn about their distribution dates.
9. Houma – Terrebonne Churches United Food Bank
This organization provides food assistance to residents in Houma.
- Find them at 254 Magnolia St, Houma, LA 70360. For details, call (985) 851-5523.
10. Slidell – Community Christian Concern
Community Christian Concern in Slidell gives away Food baskets to families in need.
- Their address is 2228 Second St, Slidell, LA 70458. Call them at (985) 646-0357 for distribution information.
11. Covington – Northshore Food Bank
Northshore Food Bank offers Thanksgiving food assistance programs for residents in Covington and surrounding areas.
- They’re located at 840 N Columbia St, Covington, LA 70433. Contact them at (985) 893-3003.
12. Hammond – Tangi Food Pantry
Tangi Food Pantry in Hammond provides Food baskets to families in need.
- They’re at 411 W Coleman Ave, Hammond, LA 70403. Call (985) 429-8551 for more information.
13. Kenner – Kenner Food Bank
Kenner Food Bank provides food assistance to residents.
- Their location is 315 Worth St, Kenner, LA 70062. To learn more, dial (504) 468-7220.
If you or your family are now in need, please consider donating canned goods to your community food. bank or pantry
14. Marrero – Second Zion Baptist Church
Second Zion Baptist Church in Marrero offers meals for lower-income people.
- Find them at 6520 Second Zion Ave, Marrero, LA 70072. Call (504) 340-7171 for event details.
15. Metairie – Grace Presbyterian Church
Grace Presbyterian Church in Metairie hosts a community Thanksgiving meal each year.
- They’re at 6129 West Esplanade Ave, Metairie, LA 70003. Contact them at (504) 454-8905.
16. Gretna – Gretna Food Bank
The Gretna Food Bank provides Thanksgiving food baskets to residents in the area.
- Located at 1400 Jefferson St, Gretna, LA 70053. For more information, their number is (504) 367-6676.
17. Pineville – Main Street Mission
Main Street Mission in Pineville provides free Thanksgiving meals to the community.
- Their address is 312 Main St, Pineville, LA 71360. Call (318) 443-2218 to learn more.
18. West Monroe – First West Food Pantry
First West Food Pantry offers Thanksgiving food assistance in West Monroe.
- Find them at 500 Pine St, West Monroe, LA 71291. For details, their phone number is (318) 322-5104.
19. Ruston – Christian Community Action
Christian Community Action in Ruston provides Thanksgiving baskets to those in need.
- They’re located at 1714 Maxwell Blvd, Ruston, LA 71270. Call (318) 251-3282 for information.
20. Gonzales – Ascension Parish Food Bank
Ascension Parish Food Bank offers Thanksgiving food assistance to families in Gonzales.
- They’re at 214 E Railroad Ave, Gonzales, LA 70737. Contact them at (225) 644-7465.
Continue Reading How to Get a Food Basket in Louisiana.
21. Thibodaux – Thibodaux Food Bank
The Thibodaux This Louisiana Food Bank provides Thanksgiving food baskets to needy residents.
- They’re located at 2545 Veterans Blvd, Thibodaux, LA 70301. Call (985) 447-9776 for more information.
22. Opelousas – Opelousas Lighthouse Mission
Opelousas Lighthouse Mission provides a warm Thanksgiving meal to those in need within the community.
- They are at 704 W South St, Opelousas, LA 70570. For inquiries about their Thanksgiving program, you can reach them at (337) 948-8865.
23. Natchitoches – Cane River Food Pantry
Cane River Food Pantry in Natchitoches offers Thanksgiving food assistance to families and individuals facing hardship.
- Their address is 564 Second St, Natchitoches, LA 71457. For more information on their services, call (318) 352-7100.
24. Chalmette – Community Center of St. Bernard
The Community Center of St. Bernard provides Thanksgiving baskets to families in need.
- They are located at 1111 LeBeau St, Chalmette, LA 70043. To find out about their Thanksgiving distribution, contact them at (504) 281-2512.
25. Sulphur – Christian World Ministries
Christian World Ministries in Sulphur offers a special Thanksgiving meal to those who may not have anywhere to go during the holiday.
- Find them at 2001 E Gauthier Rd, Sulphur, LA 70663. Call them at (337) 475-0157 for details about their Thanksgiving event.
26. Denham Springs – Mighty Moms
Mighty Moms is known for its Full Tummy Project and extends its reach during Thanksgiving to provide food baskets to needy people.
- Located in Denham Springs, LA. For more information, you can reach them at (225) 369-7741.
It’s essential to remember that the spirit of Thanksgiving is not just about the feast. If you are in a position to give back, consider volunteering or donating to these organizations to help them in their mission.
If you or someone you know needs assistance, don’t hesitate to contact these organizations for support. Please remember that many of these organizations require registration in advance and may have specific requirements for eligibility. It’s always best to call ahead and find out the details for each program. Your generous support, whether through donations or volunteering, is appreciated this Thanksgiving.
Portátiles Gratuitas para Familias Necesitadas Diversas organizaciones benéficas, entidades caritativas y programas del gobierno ofrecen ordenadores sin costo para familias con pocos recursos....
Saving for a Downpayment on a House. Saving up for your first house can seem as tricky as finding your way through a maze, especially when gathering enough money for a downpayment. It might...