Many organizations across New York State provide free Thanksgiving baskets and home-cooked meals to individuals and families in need. If you would like to receive a food basket or help with groceries or meals, below is a list of some organizations that have offered such assistance. Please note that the availability of these programs can change from year to year. Please get in touch with the organizations directly for the most current information.
Thanksgiving Food Baskets In New York
City Harvest (New York City)
City Harvest has been known to distribute Thanksgiving meals to lower-income families, disabled, and older adults across New York City.
- (646) 412-0600
- 6 E 32nd St,
- New York, NY 10016
- Website: City Harvest
Food Bank For New York City
The Food Bank For New York City often runs Thanksgiving-specific programs, providing turkeys and sides to those in need.
- (212) 566-7855
- 39 Broadway, New York, NY 10006
- Website: Food Bank For New York City
Beth-Hark Christian Counseling Center, Inc. (New York City)
- Known to provide emergency food assistance and may have special programs for Thanksgiving.
West Side Campaign Against Hunger (New York City)
- Phone: (212) 362-3662
- Address: 263 West 86th Street, New York, NY 10024
- Website: West Side Campaign Against Hunger
Muslims Giving Back (MGB) (New York City)
Provides various social services, including food assistance.
- Thanksgiving Activities: Known to organize Thanksgiving food distributions.
- Website: Muslims Giving Back
Masbia (New York City)
Masbia is a community of kosher soup kitchens and food pantries that may provide Thanksgiving food assistance.
- Varies by location.
- Website: Masbia
The Salvation Army (Various Locations)
The Salvation Army typically hosts annual Thanksgiving dinners and may provide food baskets during the holiday season.
- To find your local Salvation Army, visit their website.
- Website: The Salvation Army
Catholic Charities (Various Locations)
Many Catholic Charities branches across New York offer Thanksgiving assistance, often in food baskets or community meals.
Bronx Organizations that Give Thanksgiving Baskets
Citymeals on Wheels (New York City)
- Delivers meals to shut-in elderly, including holiday meals.
- Thanksgiving Activities: Typically includes delivering special Thanksgiving meals to seniors.
- Website: Citymeals on Wheels
- Also mentioned earlier, BronxWorks provides comprehensive services to help individuals and families improve family stability and social well-being, including food programs.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They may organize Thanksgiving food distributions or special meals.
- Address: Multiple locations. Visit the website for specific addresses.
- Phone: (646) 393-4000
- Website: BronxWorks
POTS (Part of the Solution)
- As previously mentioned, POTS is a “one-stop shop” providing various services, including meals, legal, and social services.
- Thanksgiving Activities: POTS may offer special Thanksgiving meals or food distributions.
- Address: 2759 Webster Ave, Bronx, NY 10458
- Phone: (718) 220-4892
- Website: POTS
Grace Episcopal Church – Feeding Program
- The feeding program at Grace Episcopal Church provides meals to those in need.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They may offer a Thanksgiving meal or food distribution event.
- Address: 1909 Vyse Ave, Bronx, NY 10460
- Phone: (718) 542-1946
- Website: Grace Episcopal Church
For the most accurate and up-to-date information, including how to access Thanksgiving assistance, contact these organizations directly. They may have specific criteria or registration processes for their holiday programs.
Brooklyn Food Programs
- Provides various services, including food programs, to residents of Brooklyn.
- Thanksgiving Activities: CAMBA may offer special food distributions or meals for Thanksgiving.
- Address: 1720 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
- Phone: (718) 287-2600
- Website: CAMBA
Masbia Soup Kitchen Network
- This nonprofit prepares hot meals through its soup kitchen network and food pantry, serving hot, nutritious meals to those in need.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They might have special provisions for Thanksgiving meals or food packages.
- Address: Several locations. Visit the website for specific addresses.
- Phone: (718) 972-4446
- Website: MasbiaReaching-Out Community Services
- Offers emergency food and a variety of community-based services.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They typically organize a Thanksgiving food drive and distribution.
- Address: 7708 New Utrecht Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11214
- Phone: (718) 373-4565
- Website: Reaching-Out Community Services
St. John’s Bread & Life
- Provided food services to residents of Brooklyn and Queens.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They often provide Thanksgiving meals or food assistance.
- Address: 795 Lexington Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11221
- Phone: (718) 574-0058
- Website: St. John’s Bread & Life
Queens Food Assistance Organizations
Hour Children (Queens)
- Phone: (718) 433-4724
- Address: 36-11 12th Street, Long Island City, NY 11106
- Website: Hour Children
Queens Community House
This multi-site, multi-service settlement house provides individuals and families the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. They offer various programs, including food assistance.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They may organize special events or distributions for Thanksgiving meals or food baskets.
- Address: 108-25 62nd Dr, Forest Hills, NY 11375
- Phone: (718) 592-5757
- Website: Queens Community House
The Salvation Army of Greater New York
- The Salvation Army has various locations across Queens, providing multiple services, including food assistance.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They typically organize Thanksgiving meals and may offer food baskets to those in need.
- Address: Various locations in Queens.
- Phone: Use their website to find contact information for the nearest location.
- Website: The Salvation Army Greater New York Division
Commonpoint Queens’ mission is to provide household stability for individuals and families, throughout Queens. They offer community programs, including food pantries.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They may offer special Thanksgiving food distributions or meals.
- 67-09 108th St, Forest Hills, NY 11375
- (718) 224-0566
- Website: Commonpoint Queens
Long Island Charities that Provide Food Assistance
Island Harvest (Long Island)
Island Harvest has been known to distribute turkeys and Thanksgiving food to families in need on Long Island.
- (631) 873-4775
- 40 Marcus Blvd, Hauppauge, NY 11788
- Website: Island Harvest
Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York (Albany and Vicinity)
This organization sometimes offers Thanksgiving meal programs or distributes food items for the holiday.
- (518) 786-3691
- 965 Albany-Shaker Road, Latham, NY 12110
- Website: Regional Food Bank of NENY
The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) (Long Island)
- Phone: (516) 486-8506
- Address: 211 Fulton Avenue, Hempstead, NY 11550
- Website: The INN
The INN (Interfaith Nutrition Network) (Long Island)
Offers essential services, including meal programs, with potential special Thanksgiving events.
Staten Island Thanksgiving Assistance
Project Hospitality (Staten Island)
- (718) 448-1544
- 100 Park Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10302
- Project Hospitality
- An interfaith effort serving the needs of hungry and homeless people in Staten Island. They provide a comprehensive array of services like food pantries and soup kitchens.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They typically offer special Thanksgiving meals or food distributions.
- 100 Park Ave, Staten Island, NY 10302
- (718) 448-1544
- Project Hospitality
Catholic Charities of Staten Island
Part of the more extensive Catholic Charities network, they offer various services, including food assistance to those in need.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They may provide Thanksgiving food baskets or meals through their network of services.
- 120 Anderson Ave, Staten Island, NY 10302
- (718) 984-1500
- Catholic Charities of Staten Island
Staten Island Giving Circle
This is a community-based organization that provides support services to those in need in Staten Island. They run food drives and other charitable events.
- Thanksgiving Activities: They often organize a Thanksgiving food drive and may distribute meals or food baskets.
- Contact Information: Social media or local community boards
Other New York Pantries
New York Common Pantry (NYCP)
Works to reduce hunger and promote dignity, health, and self-sufficiency.
- Thanksgiving Activities: May offer special Thanksgiving meal programs or baskets.
- Website: New York Common Pantry
Jewish Community Council of Greater Coney Island
Offers a range of services, including food assistance.
- Thanksgiving Activities: May provide Thanksgiving food packages or meals.
- Website: JCCGCI
Hunger-Free America (New York City)
This organization focuses on combating hunger and providing New Yorkers with sufficient access to nutritious food.
- Thanksgiving Activities: Often coordinates volunteer efforts and connects individuals to food resources.
- Website: Hunger Free America
Feeding New York State (Statewide)
This network of food banks often coordinates efforts to provide Thanksgiving meals or food items throughout the state.
235 Lark Street, Albany, NY 12210
Website: Feeding New York State
These organizations work year-round to combat hunger and poverty and often have special programs for holidays such as Thanksgiving. For the most accurate and up-to-date information on their Thanksgiving activities, I recommend contacting them directly or visiting their websites.
Portátiles Gratuitas para Familias Necesitadas Diversas organizaciones benéficas, entidades caritativas y programas del gobierno ofrecen ordenadores sin costo para familias con pocos recursos....
Saving for a Downpayment on a House. Saving up for your first house can seem as tricky as finding your way through a maze, especially when gathering enough money for a downpayment. It might...