Jewish Interest Free Loans. These loans help people of all faiths struggling financially. The mission of this non-profit, is to help other become self-sufficient through no interest loans. Do you have a child with special needs, need help with education or bills, if you qualify you can get an interest free loan. Jewish Free Loan Association has branches all across the United States and abroad
Jewish Interest Free Loans
JFLA believes in the bible principle or not charging interest for loans, food or clothes or anything else. “Not to charge interest on the loans you make to a fellow Israelite.” Deuteronomy 23:19. That is why this Jewish association give interest free loans. Most of the organization have extended that principal to include all people of all faiths.
There are also organization that only help the Jewish community which we will address in another post. This organization provides 1,200 interest free loans a year and 99% of the loans are repaid. There are however, organizations within the foundation that only serve Jewish individuals.
There are many Jewish foundation that offer interest free loans throughout the United States. You can find them listed and the end of this post.
A Loan vs Charity
I agree that many people are in the position where they need charity. Thank goodness for organizations that offer this help, with bills, food, clothes, Christmas toys for children, etc. However, a loan is different than charity.
There is a saying, “Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime.” A loan gives a person the opportunity to take care of a need and they repay the lender. This brings dignity and promotes the feeling of self-sufficiency.
The Jewish Foundation provides interest free loans to help with education, medical bills, rent, mortgage, car repairs. If you have a legitimate need and the fund are available, you can get an interest free loan from this organization. (More info.)
I have heard of people being denied help from the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) for earning 14 cents over the governments Poverty Guidelines. This foundation help those who have a need, but may not be eligible for government assistance.
How to Qualify for a Jewish Interest Free Loans
You qualify if you are:
- Over 18 years old and have a income and can prove a legitimate need.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or legal status to be in the country.
- You must live county where you are applying for assistance.
- You must have two people willing to cosign for your loan.
- Businesses must not be a non-profit and prove the existence of you business.
How to Apply for a Interest Free Loan
- To be considered for an interest free you must fill out a pre-loan application will require you to do several things. You need to be able to produce people who will co-sign for your loan. One for under $1000, two for over $1000. Cosigners my live in the state you apply and be over 25 years old and have established credit.
- Have an interview with a loan officer. Complete application form and promissory note stating how the loan will be repaid and rate of interest and take the statement of co-signers to approve.
- Have co-signers complete and sign the c-signer agreement and and original installment note.
Mail in application and other documents and the application will be processed in seven-to-ten days.
- If you are approved you will be issued a check which you can pick up or have mailed to you.
- You have 30 to 45 days to begin making installment payments to repay the loan.